Thursday 13 November 2014

November Homework

 
How has my Textual Analysis and Research helped me with my Pre-Production?

 
 
My textual analysis helped me with my pre-production because it gave me inspiration and allowed me to take in the way icons and messages bring in a target audience, how colours can indicate emotion to the audience and using props and certain photography to make the audience have an emotion and draw them into want to know more.
 
 
I textually analysed 3 folk genre CD covers and I came to the conclusion that in folk music CD covers unanimated ones are all pictures of props, you don't really see the artist but you see a prop that is symbolic and expressed the artists themselves through the use of props, this helped me decide that on my CD covers I needed to use props but not people, I then got the idea that a lot of folk music artists use guitars in their music so I figured putting a guitar on my cover could be a sign that signifies it is how the artist the cover for represents themselves.

I also had to give the audience an idea of the type of folk music that it was so I edited three colours popular in Jamaica (Red, Yellow and Green) which signified to the audience that the music is Jamaican folk music. Another thing that I did to help me with my pre-production was a questionnaire which asked the audience about price, images, colours, and other things which helped me make a decision on the design and emotion I put on to my CD cover, for my second design I did the most popular genre I did a pop artist genre which I used Ed Sheeran as my inspiration, from looking at previous CD covers I decided that I needed to use a picture of a person and use bright colours to create a pop CD cover.

Also using my textual analysis I discovered that Pop and Folk genre CD covers are similar in the way that they use props to signify what the music in the album is about, however on most Pop CD covers I found that there is almost always a person on there unless it is an animated CD cover. Usually pop CD covers have a picture of a person and props with either Bright colours in the background or bright colours in a overlay. I chose to go for bright colours as an overlay with the picture of a persons hand holding a guitar in the background which brings a relaxed pop theme to my album.

Also looking at my questionnaire it has helped me to decide which kind of magazine to do for my production.




No comments:

Post a Comment